Thursday 7 June 2012

Rainy week

Rain and more rain ...
I know ... forgot to reset the date stamp AGAIN!
... not terribly pleasant on the tootsies (when one is too stupid/stubborn to put real shoes on ...)!  But that's okay, cuz I'm planning a European vacation!  Yup, I'm going to do some travelling next month ... in an innovative way, of course.  Will blog more about my itinerary once my plans are solidified.  STAY TUNED!  (I can hardly wait ...)

In the meantime, I found some more interesting trees and shrubs ...
 These scraggly pines looked like they were sprouting PINEAPPLES ... quite remarkable.
 I don't know what this sad little specimen is, but it's blooms were attractive.
Apparently I did not look very attractive yesterday morning.  It was raining, so I had my pink rain jacket on.  I never really cared what colour it was ... it was waterproof and cheap when I bought it in Vancouver, and it has served me well for quite a few years now.  I'm not sure if it was the rain jacket (pink) that drew that woman's attention, or my purse (emerald green), or my (wet) sandals (brown), or my skirt (navy and cream / tropical floral print) ... anyway, she laughed aloud and said I looked like a THRIFT STORE REJECT!  The nerve!  She did make me laugh tho.  I DO spend very little time dressing all "matchy matchy" ...

1 comment:

slj said...

A European vacation...How exciting..
Can't wait to hear all of the details.
This was a random woman making a comment like that to you? I guess some people don't have a filter..lol..
Have a great week-end,
Sheri