Wednesday 6 April 2005

What a week!

It was death watch x 2. First, Terry Schaivo. I found myself horrified to be one of probably thousands of voyeurs watching the hour by hour very public coverage of a private situation. My personal opinion is that too many folks tried to interfere where their interference was not warranted. (I have VERY firm beliefs when it comes to being kept alive artificially, and - to me - artificial includes tube feeding.) Second, the Pope. What can I say? I'm a Catholic convert, and not necessarily a very good one, but the connection to the Catholic church is strong and watching this wise and talented man about his travels over the last quarter century has been a big part of my evolving life as a Catholic. It's going to take a big person to come close to filling his shoes.

No comments: