Tuesday 21 February 2006

Aah ... AAH ... AAH-CHOOOO!!!!!!!!

I've got a cold, the super-duper liquidy kind of head cold. Yup, exactly what I needed exam week [dripping ... pardon the pun ... sarcasm!]. And it won't go away. I thought the common cold was only supposed to last 2 or 3 days? This monster has been with me since last Thursday, and its not showing any signs of packing up its kleenex boxes and moving on yet.

Yes, before you ask or suggest, I've probably tried every remedy known to humankind, from homemade chicken noodle soup (simmered with an entire chicken carcass) to you-name-it-I've-steeped-it tea to the dreaded Buckley's. Most comforting remedy to date: sleep. Which I don't have time to do enough of because it's exam week!

Since posting nothing but bad cold news would really be crappy, I thought I'd add this amusing bit of thought-provoking poetry. Have a good week everyone!

Butt prints in the Sand

One night, I had a wondrous dream;
One set of footprints there was seen:
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But mine were not along the shore.
Then some stranger prints appeared,
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?
These prints are large and round and neat,
But, Lord, they are too big for feet."
"My child," He said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you alone.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait.
You disobeyed, you would not grow;
The walk of-faith you would not know.
So I got tired. I got fed up,
And there I dropped you on your butt!
Because in life, there comes a time
When one must fight, and one must climb,
When one must rise and take a stand ...
Or leave their butt prints in the sand."
-author anonymous-

2 comments:

Ginny said...

I hope you kick that cold soon! I hate head colds and always get them really bad. I'm crossing my fingers, 'cause I've avoided a cold so far this winter.

Banana_Grl said...

The poem is great! Love you ...