Monday 12 August 2013

Violet Monday

Did you know each day of the week is associated with a particular colour?  Did you know each colour represents one of the body's energy chakras?  I discovered this lately, so have been experimenting with wearing and eating the appropriate colour on the appropriate day.  For example ...

MONDAY is VIOLET day ... so I am wearing a lavender-coloured silk shirt and had BLUEBERRIES with homemade yoghurt and toast for breakfast ... apparently approved by Miss Boots!  (Blueberries are considered both an indigo and a violet food.)
 VIOLET AFFIRMATION: 
Let the violet energy flow through me and cleanse my body to give new life and new energy!
 
In the balcony gardening department, it's now mid-August, and the hot peppers are starting to redden up ...
 ... as are the tomatoes!  (finally!)  Last night, I treated myself to a yummy "Pico de Gallo" dip made with tomatoes, onions, parsley, and hot peppers ... all from my very own balcony!
 The parsley has been well-consumed all summer (by both human and cat!) and is now going to seed.
 And the carrots are standing tall!  I've been eating every second carrot in an effort to thin them out a bit.
 It's been a VERY satisfying garden season on my balcony!  I'm so glad I went veggies this year instead of flowers ...
Kale, lettuce, hot pepper, Lemon Balm, Sugar Snap Peas ...

Cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, nasturtiums
... and I'm quite amazed at the amount of veggies produced in such a small space!  (Okay, nasturtiums aren't technically a veggie ... but the flowers taste darned fine in salad!)

Have you read this book, "The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise" by Julia Stuart?
It's our current SHELF LIFE: SENIORS TALK BOOKS book here at our centre.  If you appreciate British humour or history, it's a great light-hearted read.  If you want to "read" at a deeper level, it's an interesting look at grief and family relations.  I personally give it 5 stars out of 5 stars ... but we'll see what the rest of the group gives it.  (Voting on how many stars is sometimes the liveliest part of the book discussion!)

Have a great week, y'all!

No comments: