Tuesday 3 May 2005

The latest challenge

A new semester (inter-semester?) and new challenges ... Computer Applications and Spanish!

Computer Apps is mostly done on-line (WebCT), and there seem to be a gazillion LABS and a huge and complicated list of submission dates. What little computer knowledge I have is pretty much self-taught basics, so I'm both looking forward to learning more and slightly terrified.

Spanish (... hola, me llamo LD ...) is going to be FUN FUN FUN! I love languages! I've done a couple of semesters of Spanish by correspondence in the past. However, this is the first time actually engaging in conversation. How exciting! Our instructor is from the Honduras, and very typically loud and expressive. I was surprised to see half of the students in this class are ESL speakers from Hong Kong or Taiwan, and can't help but wonder what kind of challenges they are facing.

It rained here last night. Sure was nice to wake up to the sound of rain.

By the way, M. ... thanks heaps for the lovely big picture of that chocolate cake! You are definately an EVIL person! May your beer mug be perpetually dry this summer!

No comments: