Wednesday 17 June 2009

Something for my new apartment



Naturally, moving calls for a new project. Right? Of course! In the process of emptying one bookcase, I came upon my 'SOMEDAY' binder. Y'all have one of those, right? That collection of pictures and patterns and ideas that you're going to get around to someday? Well, I was tired of packing the contents of bookcases ... yes, bookcases PLURAL ... so I stopped for a cup of tea and a wee gander through my Someday binder. And this caught my eye:I don't recall the name of the book it came from, but it had something to do with antiquated stitchery patterns. If memory serves me correctly, I was researching Assissi stitchery, or voided work when I found that little goodie. I don't even remember if the original picture was black and white ... which is too bad because there is no colour chart to go with the symbols. I have RED accents in my living room ... y'all remember the RED MOOSE, don't you? ... and I happen to have red and black DMC perle cotton on hand. So here's the first little bit stitched:
I'm using linen-coloured Aida cloth, 14 count. I wasn't sure I'd like the birds in black. I don't like crows. Nasty evil creatures. I've had a strong dislike of crows since I witnessed them picking the eyes out of a newborn lamb back when I was a little girl. And don't even get me started about that nasty crow in my previous neighbourhood! I can handle crow swearing ... I just cuss them back ... but that bad bugger kept dive-bombing me and knocking my glasses off! Anyway, these birds look more like chickens or peacocks or something, and I quite like them stitched in black. I'm picturing the finished product on an end table. So what do you think?


On a totally different subject, I changed my Internet package to "lite" from "high speed" in an effort to reduce expenses. I was thinking that I don't really use the Internet a lot at home. Seems like I'm on the Internet at work ... as PART OF my work, people! Not always reading blogs or Facebook! Honest! ... so logically didn't need the high-priced Internet package at home. Now I'm regretting that decision. One of my weekend joys is watching ...... online (I don't own a television). But "lite" Internet service is SO S L O O O O O W that it's like cli - ick, cli - ick, cli - ick from one image to the next. I CAN'T TAKE IT!!! But, I'm only here for a couple more weeks. Then I can re-evaluate my Internet service package.
I think I'll take my laptop to the Public Library tonight ... my Library card allows me 2 hours of wireless Internet every day. Two hours is plenty of time to get caught up on a week's worth of Corrie!

1 comment:

Karen Deborah said...

seeing crows do that would scar one for LIFE! how awful. Your needle work is gorgeous.