Friday 28 January 2011

Psychotic Weather

Last Friday at this time of day, it was doing this ...
Have I told you lately how much I love SNOW ON EVERGREEN TREES?
I do.
I really do.
I'm always trying to catch the PERFECT photo of snow on evergreens.
This isn't it.


This is a skein of your basic acrylic yarn ... 10 inches or so tall when standing on end.
This skein of yarn is standing on end in front of a snow bank.
See that little bit of light in the TOP LEFT CORNER of this photo? That's the snowbank surface.
See the line behind the knitting needles where the fresh clean snow starts above the dirty grubby snow?
That's how much snow fell overnight last Thursday/Friday.
Even more snow fell last weekend.
Then Monday/Tuesday brought above zero temperatures.

Today, the city sidewalks are ICE instead of giant snowbanks 'cuz of that unexpected warm spell and a lot of that snow melted into giant puddles.  Sheesh!  We all know winter is FAR from over yet ... it's only the end of JANUARY!

A piece of important advice:  if it's SHINY, don't try to hurry on it ... it might be ice!  I have some colourful bruises on my hind quarters to show for ignoring my own advice!  Nothing seriously dented.  Except my dignity.

Sorry, short post.  Busy week.  Will do better next week.  Stay warm and safe, y'all!

No comments: