Friday 7 November 2008

Health Fair and awards banquet

I've had a break from my busy office today. I spent my day between sitting at an information booth (about the non-profit organization I work for) and presenting health & wellness promotion workshops. Quite exhausting, actually. However, it's good PR for my organization as well as a great opportunity to network with others. I learned some interesting things about our provincial PharmaCare program that will benefit some of our clients, and arranged a staff training session about federal pensions. Tomorrow is the same schedule all over again ... info booth and workshops.
Later this evening, I shall be attending an awards banquet. At $40 each, this is NOT the type of event that gets me excited. Number one, I generally find the more you pay for a catered meal, the lousier the food is. Number two, I generally find the schmoozing at these kinds of events quite boring. Number three ... well, let's just say I can think of a lot of other things that I would rather be doing on a Friday evening! And yes, some of the meals I would rather be eating might well cost $40 ... but I would be choosing yummy things that I really enjoy eating (and drinking)! However, I have been drafted to accept an award on behalf of a very deserving person who cannot be there, so I will go and play nice.
What are you doing this fine Friday evening???

No comments: